Food Not Bombs, Omaha Nebraska USA
Since ~1995, Food Not Bombs (Omaha Nebraska) has been distributing food free of charge
on the corner of 14th and Farnum at 2pm every Sunday. Rain, snow, or shine.
We are one of hundreds (thousands?) of groups world-wide, please
see FoodNotBombs.net for a map and contact information for groups around
the world, and the history and ethos of the global organization.
We're a very small and scrappy band of volunteers. We hope you'll join us. :)
- 13:00 - Meet at storage location to sort / load groceries
- 14:00 - Distribution at 14th & Farnum
- 15:00 - Anything left over taken to GELC
All volunteers are fully vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2.
For many years, we were using Table Grace Cafe's
kitchen to cook and clean, serving a meal on plates.
We hope to get back to a kitchen model at some point.
Douglas County COVID-19 statistics.
As best we can gather, FNB Omaha was created in ~1995 by several students at Creighton University.
We have so far failed to locate any of the founding members. If you are one of those members we
would love to gather your stories of the formation of our chapter here, and/or in podcast form.
Please contact Jay above. :)
- If you'd like us to delegate DNS for YourGroup.foodnotbombs.us to you, contact Jay Hannah above.
Currently we're redirecting YourGroup to the global homepage.
- The source code for this website is in github.